Why hello there! Did you know that we here at Santa Barbara Stone Masters LOVE sustainability?
You might see glimpses of our enthusiasm in one or two articles we’ve written. To show you why, I wanted to share some fun facts about sustainability that might give you the same bug we have!
- Did you know that it takes nearly 1,800 gallons of water to produce a single pound of beef? Think about cutting back on your meat consumption!
- Did you know that a leaky faucet can add up to 165 gallons of lost water over a month? That’s more water than the average person uses in two weeks!
- Did you know less than 5% of energy used by incandescent light bulbs turn into light? The rest is lost as heat. Switch to LEDs!
- Even though we account for only 5% of the world’s population, America uses 24% of the world’s energy. Let’s help cut back!
- Did you know that recycling aluminum cans saves 95% of the energy it takes to manufacture new ones? Make sure to toss them in the correct bin!
- Did you know the average American throws away more than 1,500 pounds of trash per year? Try repurposing your waste instead to minimize the build up!
I hope that some of these fun facts help encourage you to greener living. If you want to see more great tips to help you live sustainably, check out our blog!